Accelerating the Growth of Innovative Businesses in the Active-Outdoor Industries — and the Individuals Who Lead Them
Camber Outdoors’ Pitchfest drives innovation, creativity, and entrepreneurship in the active-outdoor industries through:
>> a 10-week intensive remote mentoring program
>> a pitch event in front of an audience of over 350 business leaders, investors, and media
>> one-on-one time with an esteemed judging panel
Now in its fifth year, Pitchfest has expanded to include both womxn and minority-owned businesses. This 10-week intensive remote mentoring program for womxn and minority entrepreneurs ends with a live “pitch” event to some of the active-outdoors industries’ most influential CEOs, entrepreneurs, investors, and thought leaders.
Showcasing the future of the active-outdoor industries, the Pitchfest event is held prior to Outdoor Retailer Summer Market and is a fast-paced and interactive, can’t-miss event featuring 6-8 innovative businesses. Each finalist has 5 minutes to articulate their business opportunity and hurdle followed by 7 minutes of rapid-fire questions and feedback from a panel of illustrious judges.
Womxn-led and minority-led businesses that believe in Camber Outdoors’ guiding principles, are committed to business growth, and are focused on the active-outdoor industries are encouraged to apply. They will be judged based on the criteria below:
- Submit a 2-minute video along with your application no later than March 15 (deadline extended)
- Identify as a Founder, Entrepreneur, Business Owner and/or Innovator
- Agree to commit to the program and attend weekly remote meetings, mentorship activities and be engaged in the full 10-week program.
- Confirm that I can attend and participate in the pitch practice, as well as the Pitch Event on Day 0 of Outdoor Retailer Summer Market (June 17, 2019)
- Commit to creating a supportive environment with other entrepreneurs and leaders and giving back to the Pitchfest and Camber Outdoors community
- Actively seek candid feedback, mentorship and learning opportunities through Pitchfest
- Has launched and has plans to scale their business – in size, impact and/or scope
- Identify as a womxn and/or minority and their business is 1/3 womxn– and/or minority-owned and led.
- Committed to implementing the Camber Outdoors mission of equity for all in the outdoors and equity for all in their company.
- Their company is related to the active-outdoor industries
Thank you to our Pitchfest 2018 sponsors:
Outdoor Industry Association